Thursday, May 28, 2009

What a day!

We had one of those days where naps were short, whining and wanting mommy to hold us were our two favorite things, and headaches came on full force.
I am not sure why the kids only thought they should take a one hour nap this morning (usually take at least a two hour nap), but it didn't set the day off to a good start.
After nap it was off to Fed Ex and then to the Post Office. Those went relatively smoothly except that I dropped my Carmel Marvel (almost teared up) on my bumper as I hit it getting out the stroller..I salvaged it and the kids behaved very well at both locations.
We then went to Sam's Club to get milk and some fruit. Can someone please tell me why so many people feel like they need to stop me and talk to me about my kids. I have gotten to the point where I smile and am polite, but don't even stop my cart/stroller anymore...I would never get anything done! This woman actually told me that it would be a great idea to get leashes for my kids as soon as they start to walk. The leashes will help me keep track of my kids...I wanted to tell her that they were not pets, but actual human beings and that they would not be leashed...but I simply said, "Thanks for the advice".
We left Sam's Club shortly after the leash conversation and headed for the house. Had lunch and then it was nap time. John fell right asleep, Megan was a bit fussy. I started a load of laundry and she was still fussing. I pulled some chicken out of the refrigerator and then heard a VERY LOUD THUD...my baby started to scream and I ran to the bedroom. Megan decided that she really did not want to nap and made a break for it. The thud was her hitting the ground. Thankfully she was just scared. She cried for 30 minutes and would not let me put her down for quite a while. John slept through her falling and screaming and me rushing into the room. As soon as I got her settled down he woke up and started to scream. He was clingy for the next two hours. If I put him down he would just sit and whine...so sad with the big tears running down his face!
At about 3:30 I started to get that wonderful behind your eye headache that doesn't go away no matter what you do..I am hoping that it decides to go away while I am sleeping tonight.
Tim came home at about 5. Kissed us all, changed clothes, and then went directly to the babies room to lower Megan's mattress and remove her bumper. I am pretty sure she will no longer be able to escape.
I feel like I have spent a lot of time complaining so here are some good things about today...
I got to take a shower that was longer than 5 minutes, the kind lady at Sam's club who was handing out grilled chicken cut two pieces into kid friendly sizes and John and Megan had a wonderful snack, Tim folded two loads of laundry, we had dinner together as a family, the kids were bathed and in bed by 7:30, and I am now sitting in the recliner with my feet up!








John and Megan got a Radio Flyer for their birthday from their Aunt Sara and Uncle Rog. They love it...so does their friend Max!

John has started to climb into his rocking chair and rock back and forth on it. He loves it!
He is walking 8-10 steps at a time now and really loves to show off doing it!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, well I guess my son is an ANIMAL because I have the dog packpack leash and I love it! My son can run & without the stroller or a cart the leash is AWESOME! Bill refuses to use it but Noah likes it because we play a game. He is my puppy and when he is good I pet him. Lila also likes to "walk the puppy" which is very cute except when Noah is not having it that day! You may seriously consider it in the future! He will be attached until he is a good boy and listens to mommy instead of saying "NO MOMMY" and running from me! Aren't kids grand???? P.S. Every mom has the day you had! Wait till they get thier 2 year molars! UGH! Love you all! XXX

tammy said...

Love ya Mis, I can only say one thing.... it won't be your last day like that. Look at the bright side.... it only makes it that much better when everything is perfect! Give the kids a kiss from there Aunt T and talk to you later.

tammy said...

by the way I know the correct their to use.... oops

i'm sure your teacher mind caught that and any other grammer mistakes I made. Trying to brush out Abby's curls at the same time....now that is a chore!