Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Enough...

My Uncle John passed away suddenly last week. The entire family has of course come together to try and get through this, but it is hard.

John was loved by so many people and he really loved my kids. It is hard to imagine them growing up and not knowing him.
Megan loved to pull out Uncle John's proudly displayed chest hair and play with his chain and ring. John loved it when Uncle John would put his ring onto his fingers. Each time we were together he would measure how big the kids were getting by seeing how many fingers his ring would fit over.

He was someone who always was smiling and having a good time. He would do anything for you and was always there for you if you needed him.

I will always look back on my childhood and remember the times I was whisked away by him and my Aunt Meg to a cookout or a swim at his sister Kathy's pool. He taught me how to ski...something that I am surprised I survived. He took me on more boat rides than I can count. So many of my favorite childhood memories involve my time spent with Aunt Meg and Uncle John. He always treated me and my sisters like we were more than just his nieces and we loved him unconditionally.

I miss him terribly and am having a hard time processing the loss, but hope that he is at peace.

This is our fourth family member that has passed away since September (Grandma Peggy, Grandpa Harry, Mary-Lou...my mother-in-law) and I hope that we are now going to have a break from death.

I have been looking for a picture of Megan with my Uncle John, but have not found one..if anyone has one can you please send it to me. Thanks.


These are two of my favorite photos of the boys. Uncle John came over to check on Grandma Peggy and helped me out with the kids for a while. I think that he was in heaven when the babies were around...

1 comment:

Aunt Karen said...

thanks for sharing Missy, that was beautiful!