Monday, May 14, 2012

Unfortunate

It is unfortunate that there were hurt feelings upon reading my recent update about my mothers death. I can only hope that people understand that this post wasn't about what others did or didn't do. It was simply about what I remember going through as I was dealing with the sudden loss of my mom.
All of my sisters came together and did what needed to be done to get through a very tough time. We worked together and picked up where others couldn't carry on. My post was in no way meant to "call people out" or "make others feel like they didn't do enough". We all did our part and did what we could when we could.
It makes me sad that there are others who believe I don't feel like they did their part.
Obviously, Sarah and Tammy did everything that they could to comfort and support, just as Angie and I did.
This post took me longer than a year to be able to write, the details of which are what stuck in my mind. I apologize if you felt offended by the post. Obviously, that was not my intention.
Missy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy, I am sorry, I am sure that was very difficult to write and I thought you did an great job expressing your emotions. It's not easy losing a parent, I still can't put words to how I feel about the loss of my dad, most of the time can't even talk about it without crying. I admire your strength and courage for being able to open up and "talk" about something as emotional and private as losing a parent. Hang in there, I love you!
On a brighter note... I CANNOT believe how much the twins have grown and changed since the last time I saw them! So cute and I love the picture of them and you. Beautiful, just beautiful!

Melissa said...

Thanks She.
It was really difficult to write, but I felt that it was time.
The kids are getting huge and we will be visiting soon! Can't wait to see everyone.