Sunday, October 26, 2008

Grandma Peggy

This afternoon my grandma Peggy passed away. When my dad called me I was both relieved and sad. I felt relief because I knew that she was no longer in pain and sadness because I was never going to see her smile again.

My grandma always remembered your birthdays and sent a card with her signature kiss inside. My birthday is in December...I am going to miss getting that card this year!

She was an amazing mother and grandmother. She was always there to listen to you or to show support when you needed it. She was a true inspiration to me and a joy to be around.

I had the privilege to spend the past few weeks with her and I know that I will remember our time together always.

My aunts said it best...we had a great time this summer. We all got to spend time together. This would not have happened if not for grandma. I only hope that the relationships that have grown these past few months only continue to get stronger now that grandma is gone.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I will always remember your Grandma Peggy's warm,radiant smile and her generousity. She was a wonderful person. I know that you will miss her a lot but that you have many, many memories that will help you through these next few days. I am thinking of you and all of the family. Love, Jill

Anonymous said...

you know you have some smart aunts, pretty ones too. this summer had its ups and downs, although nothing can change the summer at the heirman house. it was a good one. love you all xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

kanoff team said...

Grandma Peggy was not only a good Grandma she was also a good Great Grandma too. Lily is already asking if God will let Grandma Peggy come down from heaven and visit us soon. -- It is sure a sweet idea. Love, Deborah